Monday, March 5, 2012

Stitched up


Never again should I have trouble trying a new stitch for a crochet rug, thanks to the book I bought today. See the blue, white and yellow cushion in the pic in the background? I've been wanting to make that cushion for a while but it was just a prop as the pattern in that book was for the ripple blanket (which I did make and was easy to follow).

Thanks to my new book, though, I now know how to do it.


And lots of other repetitions too.


250 in fact - and all in lovely UK/Australian terminology. And all in both words and diagrams. I almost punched the air in the bookshop but pulled myself together just in time. The colour combinations are fairly attrocious but I'll forgive this otherwise seemingly perfect book. Basic Crochet Stitches, $30, from Kinokuniya. Can be found much cheaper online, if you're that way inclined, but I personally had to have it on the spot.

I should never have trouble crocheting a rug again. But, as James Bond once said, never say never. Or was it Justin Bieber? That doesn't bode well...

3 comments:

  1. Stick with the Bond version [I can only hear Sean Connery's voice] and you'll be aces.

    Can't wait to see what you create!

    Happy day,
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is suddenly the season for wool work, isn't it? I am looking forward to seeing your chic versions of these designs.

    You have ignited shoe lust in me too, now that I have seen the grey version of your gold shoes. Just wondering if I can justify them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW CAN I EASILY RESTORE MY STOLEN FUNDS? GET IN TOUCH WITH WIZARD GEO COORDINATES RECOVERY HACKER

    I want to use this Medium to say big thanks to WIZARD GEO COORDINATES RECOVERY HACKER. I met someone online. He told me how he was making money in the crypto world and got me involved. At first, I was making money until I invested up to $525,000 in this investment scheme. When it came time to take my profit after the end of the contract, they asked for a commission, which I paid another $15,000. They kept asking for more until I talked to a friend about it. She promised to speak to her husband, who happened to know a company specializing in recovering assets lost through fake investment companies. They gave me the contact for WIZARD GEO COORDINATES RECOVERY HACKER. After reaching out to them, they asked for all the necessary details about the investment and got to work. They kept giving me follow-up updates, and I can’t describe my relief when they called me after two days to say that my investment and profit had been completely recovered. I just had to post this on every page I can to let people know that they can still recover their lost investment. I highly recommend WIZARD GEO COORDINATES RECOVERY HACKER. You can contact them

    on Telegram @Geocoordinateshacker

    or Email: them at Email: geovcoordinateshacker@gmail.com

    Website; https://geovcoordinateshac.wixsite.com/geo-coordinates-hack

    ReplyDelete