Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Smells like old people


"Smells like old people," said my daughter when we popped into Mitchell Road Antiques and Design Gallery in Newtown yesterday. If she's thinking of elegantly, delicately gardenia-scented well-dressed and beautifully coiffed older people I'd have to agree. If not, she's being a little harsh as only 11-year-olds can be.

Mitchell Road is one of my favourite haunts as there are always gems to be found in the massive space. We were there Christmas shopping for vintage-loving friends like myself and came away with a few kitchen pieces that will once again mash spuds ($6), beat cream and eggs ($20) and hold sugar ($15). The jar is an old Bushell's jar so it's having a tea-change.

I've been after one of these Australian-made stainless steel Swift Whips ever since finding one at a holiday house we stayed at last year. It's so quick and easy and slots in beautifully between a whisk and my Kitchenaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment