Last night's dinner snapped moments before it was devoured.
Homemade gozleme is so easy to make. All ingredients are in bold.
- Put 200g full-fat plain yoghurt in a bowl and sift 250g plain flour, 3 tsps baking powder and a pinch of salt on top.
- Mix with a wooden spoon and then finish off with your hand.
- Knead dough for a couple of minutes (I don't even bother taking the ingredients out of the big bowl I use) until dough is no longer sticky.
- Put dough in a clean bowl lightly oiled with olive oil and cover with cling film. Leave for about an hour.
- Divide dough into four balls.
- Roll each ball into a dinner-plate-sized circle.
- Place washed-and-dried spinach leaves on one half of each circle.
- Crumble feta over spinach.
- Fold the other side of dough over mixture and pinch edges together before sealing with a fork.
- Fry each one in a pan with olive oil for a few minutes each side until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, cut and serve with lemon, salt and pepper.
I cook two at a time in a large frying pan. As the base becomes firm when it's cooked, these are super-easy to turn.