Thursday, March 22, 2012

There's been some devastating news in our community. A good man and a great father has died unexpectedly and the area seems to be covered in a fog of disbelief and grief.

But his is not my story to tell. It belongs to his partner and their two girls, the eldest of which was a good friend of my daughter's through primary school.

I'm intruding just long enough to offer an explanation as to why I won't be posting for the rest of the week. The world feels a little shaky after such news and I need a moment to mentally steady my foothold in it.

Back soon. x

2 comments:

  1. It is sad and shocking to hear of such things, even at such a distance, and I feel for the family involved. Your need to take stock and steady yourself seems quite understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand. The very same thing happened to the family of one of my daughter's school friends, it was very sudden and everyone around felt just as you do now. How absolutely awful for the family, they will need a lot of support.

    ReplyDelete