Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spice girl


I did away with storing spices in jars a couple of years ago because, if you use a lot of them like we do, they just take up too much room. It was also hard to find what you were looking for without picking up each jar or, in the Husband's case, waving his huge paw through them all like a bear trying to snare a fish.

So I bought two CD boxes from Smiggle, several packs of dividers from Kikki K and created my own alphabetical system. Now everything's easy to find. Even when the Husband uses the quickest of man looks.

Initially thought one box would be enough but no, thanks to many spices that begin with 'c'. The first box contains a-c spices only, I kid you not. The volume is bumped up thanks to cumin seeds, curry leaves, chilli powder, dried chilli, ground cumin, cinnamon quills, cardamom pods, whole cloves, ground coriander, brown Indian cardamom pods, celery seed, ground cloves, ground cardamom, whole coriander seeds, ground cinnamon. I could go on. But I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment