Friday, February 25, 2011

To knit or not to knit


The Child would have been horrified. I took my knitting to dull the wait of the train to the city yesterday. It's hardly a long wait, thanks to the TripView app, or a long trip, as Town Hall station is only a few stops away, but the journey provides the perfect opportunity to get a few rows in.

The WIP in the photo will be a hot-water bottle cover made with the beautifully tactile Debbie Bliss Cashmerino wool. I'm a novice knitter and this pattern was my first (and so far only) attempt at knitting in the round. I was so proud of the original one I made a couple of years ago that this is my third variation.

Here's the free pattern. If also a beginner, don't be put off by the eyelets or anything else in the pattern as I was able to follow directions from another book I have and there is always loads of help online. Honestly, it was easy.

I'm being adventurous and inserting stripes (so far, so good) this time around. The covers knitted up beautifully when I used a 14-ply wool such as the pattern specifices. This time I'm using 10 ply. But that's just my interpretation of living life on the edge.

Tip: A ribbon can be used where the pattern calls for the making of a crochet cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment