Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brown paper packages


I love biscuits. I love eating biscuits. But I hate throwing away sturdy cardboard cylinder biscuit containers. Particularly ones that can be covered with brown paper and tied with a ribbon and then live on my kitchen benchtop soaking up pens and other bits and pieces.

To do the same, cut a piece of paper to a size that will wrap easily around the container, leaving a good 5cm that will fold over the top. While this can be done with scissors, I like to use a rotary cutter to get a really clean edge so that the paper sits perfectly against the bottom rim. Spray container with adhesive and stick on paper. Smear some craft glue to the inside top of the container and fold paper down. Finish with ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. A delightful blog! Love the reuse think "green" idea! Very creative and simple to do!
    P.S. I too LoVe using bee's wax or soy candles.
    Those petroleum based toxic ones just don't do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have ribbon like that - I must go and find some more, becuase I loved it to bits! You have an amazing pair of scissors stashed in your container - totally cool :)

    ReplyDelete