Monday, July 25, 2011

Early bird


Turns out my window dove is a mother bird, which explains why she sat on her nest all last week through the pouring rain.

As I raised the blind early this morning, I noticed the nest was empty - or so I thought - but did note that the dove had made her nest extra cosy with lots of fluffy padding. As I was looking, she flew back into the tree and started poking around and that's when I saw the fluffy padding move. Fluffy padding enjoyed a breakfast of regurgitated something, which is what's going on in the photo above, before becoming fluffy padding again after being sat on.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I think the doves here must nest in the palm trees but I've never seen them or the babies. There has been a time or two when I will find a little egg on our balcony that has blown in from some place. Not sure what kind of bird egg. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to have happening in your garden. I hope that they stay safe and you get the chance to watch them all through spring.

    ReplyDelete