Tuesday, July 5, 2011

'Molten lava' cakes...


...are it turns out just a fancy name for soft-centred chocolate puddings. So I dug out a recipe I've had for ages but never tried. My mistake.

They are ridiculously easy and quick to make, which suits The Child just fine.

Soft-centred 'molten lava' chocolate puddings
  • 200g chocolate (we used 100g of Green and Black's milk chocolate and 100g of their 70% dark chocolate)
  • 100g unsalted butter
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 2 tbsps flour
Melt chocolate and butter over some simmering water on the stove.

Mix eggs, sugar and flour together before adding the chocolate mixture.

Bake in four ramekins or small pudding bowls (of about a one-cup capacity each) in 200C oven for 15mins.

The puddings should have a set top and be nice and gooey in the middle.

Great with ice cream, cream and some berries.

6 comments:

  1. These look & sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that even I could manage this! Thanks for the recipe! Hope you are enjoying the holidays - I know I am! Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, yummy. and yes they do look so easy. I did purchase some dark cooking choloclate last week, but have been eating it straight from the packet in lines with an afternoon cup of tea. I should turn it into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A chocolateholics heaven! What an easy thing to do with child but so long lasting in the memory stakes. You two do have some fun!

    Have a great week,
    Vickixx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definetely be trying these on the weekend...if they are anything like your other recipes they should be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude they look good and i have made 1 about 25" by 25"

    ReplyDelete