Monday, October 17, 2011

Blood ties


Last week I bought a few blood oranges from our local Harris Farm Markets as they were plentiful and cheap. Didn't go overboard with quantity as I didn't want to be stuck with a bag of dud citrus.

From the very first slice, though, I knew I'd hit the jackpot as they were juicy and full of flavour and colour.


Blood oranges are probably one of my favourite fruits and the first time I see them in the shops each year is always a little bit exciting.

I quickly popped back to Harris Farm this morning to see if they were still around and, to my delight, they were. I've now got enough to squeeze two onto my muesli each morning plus enough to share with the family for the rest of the week.

The blood orange season is short and sweet, and just about over now, so they'll soon be giving up their shelf space to the mangoes that are starting to trickle into the shops.

That's an exchange I can live with.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm off to Harris Farm to try and catch some. Delicious.
    Carmel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever had one..but definitely will have to. It's obviously a pleasure I've missed! P.S..love the look of that present in your last post..just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I much prefer these to regular oranges; but not sure we get them here. Enjoy! And have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete