Thursday, October 13, 2011

Everyday Asian

meatballs with tamarind glaze

Happily handed over $35 at the bookshop for Bill Granger's new cookbook Bill's Everyday Asian.

Spa-style poached chicken with sesame bean salad

While not a fan of his TV shows, I do love his food.

Simple egg noodle salad with peanut dressing

Holiday, one of his previous books, is a favourite, and where the Never Fail Chocolate Cake recipe comes from that I make all the time. We still make quite a few dishes from even-earlier books regularly. Never had a bad meal at bills in Surry Hills either.

Chinese custard tarts

I can see this new book being well-used throughout spring and summer as the recipes are easy weekday fare and so right for our climate.


The styling and photography is crisp and pretty.


It retails for $50 but I picked it up at Dymocks yesterday for $35.

4 comments:

  1. I quite like Bill and a have a few of his earlier books. I did like the coasty, sunny feel to his show. Hubby was not a fan of the show however, but always without fail loved any of his recipes that I've made. I saw this book the other day and I'm regretting that I didn't have a flick through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to hear about this one as some of my friends swear by Bill's books, but more his desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use alot of Bill's recipes too, his baked risotto is trotted out pretty regularly at our house, it's too easy (no stirring) and tastes ok (my daughters love it)
    I also get lots of requests for his Portuguese tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book is stunning -- if the recipes are as good as the images, then it must be great. Your camping trip looks like it was fun and interesting with kookaburras and kangaroos a'plenty. (I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes uses a towel over a pillowcase or sheets when staying in certain hotels.) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete