Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cat nap


I spent a silly amount of money on a beanbag for the Child when she was a toddler because, back then, small ones that weren't covered in Barbie or Bob the Builder logos were hard to find.

Turned out to be a wise investment as once the Child outgrew it, the Cats claimed it. Now there is only one Cat who's getting on so spends a vast amount of time in it. Particularly in winter.


I've recovered the beanbag several times, the latest being today. Now the Cat has a new barkcloth cover to alternate with the other very faded barkcloth cover.


Don't be alarmed by the above photo, the Cat is not in fact dead. Just relaxing in her beanbag.

To see what others are doing today in the creative spaces go here.

11 comments:

  1. I highly suspect we have the same fabric!! I will check it out later. Adorable idea. Have not used mine. Groovy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is the very first stylish beanbag I have seen! Love that print. No wonder that cat looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it vera! that cat by the fire is just what i want to be....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's hilarious! Does that mean I have to get a kid when my kids outgrow their beanbag - otherwise it will sit unused and unloved in the corner!??

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beanbag fabric choice and at first thought it was the same as my dining room curtains but no, in fact yours is nicer!
    Nicest beanbag ive ever seen (too) by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat does look very comfy in that beanbag. The fabric is gorgeous! Have a happy day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute photos and understand the 'relax' cat pose. Love your blog header too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beanbag (or rather her beanbag ;-)is gorgeous. I love the fabric and she looks so comfy. I wish my cats would always sleep in the one place - any time I try to get them to sleep somewhere (or rather get them to not sleep somewhere!) they won't do it. Maybe I need a pretty beanbag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo... looks like the kitty really loves the bean bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your lovely comments. I read them to the Cat, who purred accordingly.

    I can assure you Jo that if I told the Cat to sleep in the beanbag she would not. In the early days I would try and keep them off it, which, of course, only made it more attractive. Clearly, I was worn down.

    ReplyDelete