Thursday, August 25, 2011

Gourmet Farmer


I'm pretty sure my attempt at a vegetable garden, basically a few seeds tossed underneath some grevillias and throwing the doves some bird food every morning, doesn't make me a gourmet farmer. So tonight at 7.30pm, I'll get couchside and watch the progress of someone more qualified when the new series of SBS's Gourmet Farmer begins tonight.

I only caught the last few episodes of the first series, but it was enough to make me want to see more. Didn't take me long to realise, though, that the concept is, um, inspired by the earlier episodes of the brilliant UK River Cottage series, which went a bit mega brand in the end for my liking. A bit River Cottage Australia, if you like.

At the very least, it's like experiencing living in the country without actually having to do it.

I know I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment